Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Neptune
From Sun: 4 450 000 000 km
From Sun: 30.1 AU
An orbit is "once around" to the exact same place again.
A Day on Neptune is 16 hours and 6 mins long.
Urbain Le Verrier
A mathematician who 'discovered' Neptune using math. There were mathematical problems with Uranus' orbit, so he used math to predict what was causing it, and predicted Neptune within 1 degree of where it should be in the sky.
The outer layer of Neptune would have a gravity of about 1.12 G.
Maximum Temperature: -218 °C
Minimum Temperature: -218 °C
Neptune's circumference is
155 567 km around!
Neptune is far less dense than Earth, but far bigger and has the mass of 17.1 Earths.
: Poseidon Greek God of the sea.
Orbit (Earth years): 163.7
Very thin on outer layers dense near the core due to pressure.
Compare the size (not the distance)
How old would you be if you
were a Neptonian?
Just Voyager 2
Just gases that get more and more dense under pressure until they turn to liquid.
Winds near the equator travel at twice the speed of sound