Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
what olympic events were practiced in ancient greece...??
Transcript of what olympic events were practiced in ancient greece...??
Stadion - a short 190 meter foot race
Diaulos - 2 stadion race
Dolichos - a long distance race about 5 kilometers long
Hoplitodromos - a race in which the athletes had to wear a full armor that weighed almost 30 kilos. Ancient Olympic Games This video will show you how Olympic Games were in ancient times and how the games have modernized! Usually the Olympics would last no longer than a day but with time, it extended up to 5 days and more challenging events were later added to the schedule. In Ancient Greece, the Olympics held two types of events;
combat events and the running events. Combat Events The combat events were :
Pancratium - "all powers" which is a blend of both wrestling and boxing w/ out any rules or regulations