Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Hong Kong Disneyland
Transcript of Hong Kong Disneyland
2) Expanding overseas ( Japan, France )
-> Why Hong Kong ?
3) Main problems
Summary Disney tried to incorporate elements of the Chinese culture (fungshue, green hat, the lucky number 8)
The American management style: failure in overcoming their self reference criterion
"They started off doing business the American way, so they have encountered problems".
-Victor Yu, general manager, China CYTS Outbound Travel Service in Beijing Cultural forces in the development of the park 1) Environmental and construction problems
2) Wrong targets and pricing problems
3) Awful labor conditions
Reasons for the failure: mistakes in management
1) Attract a richer population by increasing prices
2) Attract local famous artists for concerts and shows
3) Treat employees better ( ex: bonuses)
4) Make the park bigger Local people and the Local culture
Mistreated tour operators
No respect for inspection agents
Remedial actions Lowering prices... Create new attractions... ...But it leads to
Over-crowding Invited popstars... ... that were very disappointed in Disney ...which were not competitive compared to Ocean Park's Thank you for your attention !