Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Uranus
Compostion Atmosphere & Seasons URANUS Discovery -The first recorded sighting of Uranus was by John Flamesteed in 1690
-Before further notice it was thought to be a star
- Was declared a planet by William hershel march 17 1781
- Is named after the greek deity of the sky -2 780 972 200 Km away from the sun
-1 Day on Uranus is 18 hours
-1 Year on Uranus = 84earth years
-Rotates on its side
-Equator goes north to south
-Rings discovered in 1977
-Has 13 rings -Core is solid and rocky surrounded by mantle of -
-Ice surrounding core is made of H2o/water,CH/Methane,NH3.-Methane makes up 2% of the core-Water on Uranus is dissolved
-Lowest internal heat temperature of all planets contained in our complex solar system
- -composition of its atmosphere is very different from other planets
-Its atmosphere consist of mainly molecular hydrogen and helium.
-Uranus's thick atmosphere makes it appear smooth and featureless
-Atmosphere reflects light = blue
- It has odd seasons. Climate & Conditions - Average temperature is -350 fahrenheit
- Each pole, receives 42 years of sunlight, while the other receives 42 years of darkness
- Has persistent violent fierce intense furious severe raging forcible thunder storms Uranus's formation & Moon -Uranus was formed from leftover gas from when the presolar nebula formed the sun
-Uranus has 27 moons
-The main moons being Miranda, Ariel, Titania,Umbriel and Oberon
- Exploration & visibility - The only probe that has ever reach Uranus is the voyager 2
- Voyager 2 discovered 10 unknown moons of Uranus
-Is visible from earth with the naked eye in dark skys
- with a large telescope 25 cm or wider you may be able to see some of Uranus's moons like Titania and Orberon Facts about Uranus -Uranus's core contains alot of Diamonds Coldest planet in our solarsyatem