Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Untitled Prezi
EDTC00022 -She was born in 1948 and grew up in London.
- Studied Drama and French at Bristol University.
- She worked for a few years in publishing and as a teacher.
- She wrote songs and preformed them with her husband.
-She originally wrote songs for children's television.
- She is best known for her popular rhyming stories for children, especially those illustrated by Axel Scheffler.
- In 1993, one of her songs was made into a book, A Squash and a Squeeze. Since then she started writing children's books.
- She published 184 works, 64 are picture books, plays and teenager stories. The 120 are educational books include her Songbirds phonic reading scheme which is part of the Oxford Reading Tree. Her Books EDC 686 Julia Donaldson
Her Life.... Julia's Writing Journey The Graffalo - Published in 1999 in the United Kingdom.
- The book has sold over 10.5 million copies.
- Won several prizes for children's literature.
- It has been translated into more than 40 languages and sold over 10 million copies worldwide. The story is based on a traditional Chinese folk tale, about a little girl who escapes being eaten by a tiger by claiming to be the Queen of the Jungle and inviting him to walk behind her. Donaldson was unable to think of rhymes for "tiger" so invented the "The Graffalo". Awarded Books It turned into a merchandise book. - Her life
- The Graffalo - Most of her books rhymes.
- Some books support learning phonics.
- Story stimulate and expand children’s imagination
- The theme in some stories is mostly around an unexpected hero.
- Raise some social issues.
However, her stories doesn't increases children’s awareness of other people or cultures. - She encourages children to act and to read aloud. she have been visiting schools and libraries and theaters to preform. she created a website, www.picturebookplays.co.uk with lots of ideas to help teachers acting picture books with their classes.- In 2011, She was chosen to be the Children’s Laureate. she did different activities acting with children stories and encouraging children's drama. She received 30 awards between the year 1999- 2012.