Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Carbon is All around Us
Transcript of Carbon is All around Us
By Danyeh Gutema
Formula for Photosynthesis :
Carbon in the Atomspere
How You Can Help!
A carbon sink is a natural reservoir that accumulates some carbon-containing chemical compound over an extended period of time.
Carbon Sinks can be thought as carbon piggy banks that hold carbon from a range of time periods.
Examples: Trees are considered carbon sinks as they store carbon through photosynthesis.
Winter, Mark. "Carbon." WebElements Periodic Table of the Elements. Web Elements, 2 Nov. 2007. Web. 25 Oct. 2013.
6 CO2 + 6 H2O + Light Energy = C6 H12 O6 + 6 O2
Carter, Stein. "Photosynthesis." Photosynthesis. Scilinks, 15 Aug. 2000. Web. 25 Oct. 2013
Kreger, Chris. "Carbon Cycle." Carbon Cycle. Center of Educational Technologies, 16 Sept. 2004. Web. 25 Oct. 2013.