Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Maths
Draw different rectangles with an area of 12cm2 on cm2 paper & find their perimeters. What is the greatest and least perimeter? Draw other shapes made from 12 squares and see if they can find other perimeters.
Draw a square with an area of 1cm2. What is its perimeter? Record in a table. Now draw a square with sides of 2cm. What is its area? How do you know? What is the perimeter? Chn carry on drawing squares, finding areas and perimeters. They discuss what patterns emerge, as well as a quick way to find the area and perimeter of squares. If a square has an area of 36cm2, what do you think the sides will measure?
In your work you will need to ...
Today you will become better at:
Using chunking to divide a 4 digit number.
Use remainders in context.
Roll a dice 3 times to get a 3 digit number.
Divide this number by 4, 6 and 7
How are we going to get there?
LO: Divide a 4 digit number and use a remainder in context.
Divide by using the chunking method.
Use the remainder and think about how this effects the answer.
Group 1 and 2: Complete the worksheet dividing
Group 3, 4 and 5 : Solve the word problems