Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Planning with the End in Mind
Transcript of Planning with the End in Mind
Topic: Civil War
Big Ideas:slavery was an economic, political, and moral issue
Understandings: There is rarely a single, obvious cause to a complex historical event. Topic: Civil War
Misunderstanding:The cause of the Civil War was slavery and the good guys won. Essential Questions:
•Is there ever a just war?
•Why would brother kill brother?
•What were the obvious and less obvious causes of the Civil War?
•In what ways are the effects of the Civil War still with us? What elements are we already using?
On which elements would we like more information?
How difficult would it be to implement? Resources Cullatta, R. (2011). http://www.arps.org. Retrieved from http://www.arps.org/users/ms/coaches/backward design 101.htm Wiggins, G. (2005). Why "backward" is best. Retrieved from http://www.ubdexchange.org/resources/backwards.html Authentic education. In (2011). Authentic education. Retrieved from http://www.authenticeducation.org/ubd/ubd.lasso