Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Women in Ministry
Transcript of Women in Ministry
1 Tim. 2:12 I do not permit a woman to teach or to assume authority over a man; she must be quiet.
Prov. 16:5 The LORD detests all the proud of heart. Be sure of this: They will not go unpunished.
Phil. 2:3 Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves,
Rom. 12:16 Live in harmony with one another. Do not be proud, but be willing to associate with people of low position. Do not be conceited.
Prov. 12:15 The way of fools seems right to them, but the wise listen to advice.
Prov. 18:15 The heart of the discerning acquires knowledge, for the ears of the wise seek it out.
• Mirium – prophet; as key to the Moses story as Aaron (Micah 6:4)
• Deborah – Judges 4&5 - to her generation what Moses was to his
• Huldah – 2 Kings 22 - the prophet that King Josiah sought after finding the Torah, above Jeremiah, Zephaniah, Nahum or Habakkuk
• Mary – Jesus' mother (Luke 1:46-55)
• Junia – Romans 16:7 - An apostle in the early church, called "outstanding among the apostles"
• Priscilla – Leader in early church, corrected Apollos' theology (Acts 18:26)
• Phoebe – deacon and benefactor (Romans 16:1-2)
• Esther & Ruth
• Nympha (Col. 3:15) - Held church in her home
• Anna (Luke 2:36) - prophet
• Acts 2:17 -Your daughters will prophesy
Matthew 22:37 Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.
Matthew 28:19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you.
Matt. 12:46 While Jesus was still talking to the crowd, his mother and brothers stood outside, wanting to speak to him. 47 Someone told him, “Your mother and brothers are standing outside, wanting to speak to you.” He replied to him, “Who is my mother, and who are my brothers?” 49 Pointing to his disciples, he said, “Here are my mother and my brothers. 50 For whoever does the will of my Father in heaven is my brother and sister and mother.”
Matt. 10:33 But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven. “Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. 35 For I have come to turn
“ ‘a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law— a man’s enemies will be the members of his own household.’ “Anyone who loves their father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves their son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. 38 Whoever does not take up their cross and follow me is not worthy of me. 39 Whoever finds their life will lose it, and whoever loses their life for my sake will find it.