Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Communication LEII
Encoding & Decoding
Who are you speaking to?
Know Your Audience!
What you learned about…
Definitions: Encoding & Decoding
Verbal and non-verbal communication
How to improve communication
Know your message
Break through the noise
Use specific / descriptive words
A barrier to communication
Barriers To Communication
Communicate without words
Tattle tale for your “attitude”
Used along with words to convey a message
Being “clear” is KEY
Don’t talk around subjects
If you can help it
If you are not clear how do you know?
Creating/sending thoughts, feelings & info from one person to another person
What it takes:
Feedback – a “bonus” in communication
Senders and Receivers
How the communication process works
Barriers to effective communication
The importance of feedback
We will learn about...
Completes the communication process
Sometimes you have to ask for it
Experts say “communication happens thru “encoding” “channeling” “decoding” process
Encoding and Decoding
Encode - send
Channel – way it is sent
Decode - receive
“ya feel me”?
Focus on your message
Magnify the receivers attention
Penetrate the barriers
1. How important is communication in the world "I" live in?
4. How would you like to see changes in the way we communicate today?
3. How have we seen communication used to gain an advantage over or hurt/hinder other peoples or groups?
2. How have I seen groups other than my own communicate differently than my own peer group?