Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Coffee Maker
By: Harshi Patel and Savannah Koontz
(n.d.). Retrieved from http://www.coffee-machine.org/coffee-machine-and-espresso-machine-history/
(n.d.). Retrieved from http://www.madehow.com/Volume-3/Automatic-Drip-Coffee-Maker.html
Theodore von Karman, T. V. K. (n.d.). Retrieved from http://www.discoverengineering.org/
The design of the coffee maker has changed over the years
* In 1853 the vacuum siphon coffee machine came out
-this machine has a change of design different from the original
* In 1908 the filter coffee machine came out
- Melitta Bentz experimented by pouring boiling water over coffee in blotted paper to make the taste less bitter
-Melitta and her husband fouded the company Melitta Bentz Company
Bellis, M. (n.d.). Retrieved from http://inventors.about.com/od/cstartinventions/a/coffee.htm
Chemical and mechanical engineering are two disciplines are the most important used in making this product.
Chemical engineers discover better plastics, fibers, fuels, etc.
How it works:
Top part of the pot held inside it , a filter section made of perforated metal or china. Boiling water was then poured through the filtered section(made of plastic).Then slowly dripped down to fill the pot below.
On September 5th 1938 Achilles Gagga filed patent number 365726.
These engineers are part of making any product that requires a mechanical process.
Filter coffee machine
Vaacumn siphon coffee machine
-the coffee would pour into the jug and fom the jug it would pour into the globe at the bottom. Then the coffee would come out through the tap
*Melitta Bentz invented this coffee machine.
1. Electrical components are assembled
2. Timer device, cord and warmer plate are snapped on and the thermostat is wired
3. Heater of the warmer plate is assembled and placed on a small palette size of an index card
4. Placed on a conveyer to carry them through a welding machine
5. Housing and the filter reservoir are snapped together
6. Some pieces are screwed in by the workers using screw drivers
Now people worldwide can make coffee in minutes....
The first prototype of an espresso machine was invented in France.
*James Napier invented the vacuum siphon coffee machine
Made in the 1780s, these were one of the first coffee brewers to include a filter. The problem with this one is that the coffee would often taste like the filter, whether it was cotton, burlap, or even an old sock!
Two chambers are stacked on top of each other with a filter in between. The coffee grounds are on the top chamber. Boiling water is poured in and the coffee "drips" down into the cup. Insulating water jackets are added to keep the coffee warm during the process
French drip pot
Francesco Illy invented this new coffee machine . It uses compressed air to force the steam into the coffee grounds. This was a huge advancement since the previous espresso machine only used steam and frequently exploded.
An automatic drip coffee maker heats water, brews coffee with the water, and keeps the coffee warm with a heated plate. It was originally for use in restaurants, but in this year, Vincent Marotta invented Mr. Coffee for use at home.
*All pictures were retrieved from Google images*