Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
CLP-BAM! ALA 2014
Transcript of CLP-BAM! ALA 2014
Know your audience
Know the collection
Verify teen's identity
verify teen is of age to sign up for a card
Prepare the student's account as usual
Put together a kit of items used in outreach
ideas for kits contents include
1. Promotional materials
2. a laptop or tablet with your ILS
3. air card or other wireless
4. applications & cards
6. hand scanner
7. due date slips or a receipt printer
Bring manga, graphic novels, fiction non-fiction and magazines
Do everything you can to help keep student's cards in good standing
Verify teen's address
aND aPPEALS TO sCHOOL sTAFF
tHAT MAKES IT EASIER TO SCHEDULE
programs and services
FOrmal presentation style
Showing programs and services
informal presentation style
Bam! The origin story
Why offer Bam?
BAM! doesn't take away
from instruction time.
Making it easier to schedule
Lets you reach an
entire student body in
just a few hours
services to non
Highlight library services,
including recreational and
Enhances the school
Spreading your message's reach further
Using much less of your precious time
Expand the definition of library services in the mind of teens and school staff.
Bring fun and information to lunch!
Setting up a BAM! visit
Bam! can be offered at any NON-CURRICULUM PERIOD
Bam! can take 5 minutes or a whole class period
Bam! can be done with one staff person or many...the more the merrier!
Even with a large staff we only go to each school once a month
The informal environment has benefits and limitations
Some activities don't work in every school
Convincing your boss
Making a contact
* These numbers are only representive of outreach statistics for one location: CLP Main- Teen Department.
What is bam?
CLP - BAM Visit
In the library
Numbers reflect statistics collected during the same time period on 4/8/14.
Games & apps
Average 50 REmote check outs a Month
60 new card registrations in 2013
more CLP-Main Teen Numbers: