Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Digital Storytelling: Using Today's Best Tech Tools to Prom
Transcript of Digital Storytelling: Using Today's Best Tech Tools to Prom
What is Digital Storytelling?
Students (and teachers) find that piecing together a coherent narrative is considerably
than they thought, and students
producing original work are likely to find themselves simply modeling their efforts on digital stories they have come across.
Moreover, the multimedia technologies used in digital stories can be extensive,
requiring considerable support and storage space
for programs or institutions.
Why Digital Storytelling?
Students can work on any device
Books can shared electronically or printed
Audio is often available
Reluctant writers love the digital aspect
Digital Storytelling: Using Today's Best Tech Tools to Promote Digital Literacy
Digital storytelling is the practice of combining narrative with digital content, including images, sound, and video, to create a short movie, typically with a strong emotional component.
Little Bird Tales
Write About This
Photo Story by Shutterfly
How about Prezi?
Show website and online books and published books
· Can collaborate with others
· Web based, easy access able to use on iPad as well
· Art work is already there and inspires the story (picture and writing)
· Printed versions vary in price
· Teacher plans are inexpensive with unlimited downloads
· Teacher can monitor activity and even grade pieces (premium only)
Does not allow audio- use movenote extension to do video and audio
*Use existing artwork to inspire!
Little Bird Tales Spotlight
· Teacher sets up and there is a classroom code
· Kids can upload their own photos/scanned artwork
· Drawing program included so kids artwork can be used
· Voice-overs of text can also be done
· PDF version available to print or read off-line
USE GENIUS SCAN APP TO TAKE PICS AND SEND TO DRIVE FOR STUDENTS TO UPLOAD INTO STORY
Little Bird Tales
Upload your documents or presentations
Share electronically, embedded on a website, or download to your computer
Other SlideShare presentations can also be viewed
There are advertisements on this website so you may need to filter some if using in a classroom
Little Bird Tale Examples
The Lark App (Smartphones)
Little Bird Tales App
Google Audio-Text Example
Alabama Technology in Motion
Technology in Motion (TiM) provides FREE onsite job-embedded professional development for teachers to promote the use of technology in teaching and learning. The program offers services, materials and training that support teachers' professional growth in effective teaching practices, the creation of technology-rich learning environments and project-based learning.