Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Islam ( PBL PROJECT IN SOCIAL STUDIES CLASS)
Transcript of Islam ( PBL PROJECT IN SOCIAL STUDIES CLASS)
Islam is an Arabic word meaning submission to God
The people who believe in Islam are called Muslims
Muslims believe that the Qur‘an (or Koran) is God‘s word as revealed to the prophet Muhammad through the angel Gabriel
Muhammad is respected as a prophet.
He is not regarded as the “founder” of Islam, but rather as one in a long line of prophets
Pillars of Faith
Faith or belief in the oneness of the God and that Muhammad is his prophet
Daily prayers - 5 times daily
Almsgiving to the needy - 2.5%
Hajj- pilgrimage to Mecca (for those who are able to)
Fasting in the month Ramadan
Shia and Sunni
Shia and Sunni are the two branches of Islam.
They share most of the basic tenets and principles of the religion.
Sunnis are a majority in most Muslim communities in Southeast Asia, China, South Asia, Africa, most of the Arab World, and among Muslims in the United States (of which 85-90% are Sunnis)
Shias make up the majority of the Muslim population in Iran (around 90–95%).