Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Vietnam War Draft Dodgers.
Transcript of Vietnam War Draft Dodgers.
Rush Limbaugh >_< Many fled to Canada, the Canadian Border guards were told not to ask many questions (or none at all!) **the many who fled to Canada, faced prison sentences if they returned home. A total of 209,517 men were charged with violating draft laws. While another 360,000 were never formally charged. ** >_< Cody Cost, Shelby Slone, Rose Lorenzana DATES AND NUMBERS About 100,000 Americans went abroad in the late 1960s and early 70s to avoid being called up for duty
90% went to Canada and got accepted as legal immigrants
An estimated 50,000 draft dodgers settled permanently in Canada
January 21, 1977 president Jimmy carter pardons draft dodgers