Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Vietnam War Draft Dodgers.
Transcript of Vietnam War Draft Dodgers.
Rush Limbaugh >_< Many fled to Canada, the Canadian Border guards were told not to ask many questions (or none at all!) **the many who fled to Canada, faced prison sentences if they returned home. A total of 209,517 men were charged with violating draft laws. While another 360,000 were never formally charged. ** >_< Cody Cost, Shelby Slone, Rose Lorenzana DATES AND NUMBERS About 100,000 Americans went abroad in the late 1960s and early 70s to avoid being called up for duty
90% went to Canada and got accepted as legal immigrants
An estimated 50,000 draft dodgers settled permanently in Canada
January 21, 1977 president Jimmy carter pardons draft dodgers