Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Nature and Characteristics of Research
Transcript of Nature and Characteristics of Research
What is Research?
To research is to study or investigate systematically and thoroughly the collected information of a subject or problem to establish facts or principles and present it in a detailed and accurate manner.
Why do Research?
There are reasons why people are doing a research: to satisfy the researcher’s curiosity and to desire for better understanding, to test the feasibility of undertaking a more extensive study, and to develop the methods to be employed in any subsequent studies.
The Research Process
Step 1: Identify the Problem
Step 2: Review the Literature
Step 3: Clarify the Problem
Step 4: Clearly Define Terms and Concepts
Step 5: Define the Population
Step 6: Develop the Instrumentation Plan
Step 7: Collect Data
Step 8: Analyze the Data
Nature of a Research
Research is systematic enquiry whose goal is communicable knowledge:
• Systematic because it is pursued according to 'some plan;
• An enquiry because it is seeks to find answers to questions;
• Goal-directed because the objects of the enquiry are posed by the task description;
• Knowledge-directed because the findings of the enquiry must go beyond providing mere information; and
• Communicable because the findings must be intelligible to, and located within some framework of understanding for, an appropriate audience.
Characteristics of Research
Characteristics of a Good Researcher
Types of Research
1. Qualitative Research/ Ethnomethology
It is aimed at gaining a deep understanding of a specific organization or event, rather than a surface description of a large sample of a population.
2. Quantitative Research
3. Correlation Research
A correlation study is a quantitative method of research in which you have 2 or more quantitative variables from the same group of subjects, & you are trying to determine if there is a relationship (or co variation) between the 2 variables (a similarity between them, not a difference between their means).
4. Regression Research
Regression is a statistical measure that attempts to determine the strength of the relationship between one dependent variable (usually denoted by Y) and a series of other changing variables (known as independent variables).
5. Experimental Research
It is a type of evaluation which aims to determine whether a program or intervention has the intended effect on a study’s participants. It tests causal relationships by observing the behavior of the subject under conditions where some variables are controlled and others manipulated.
Classification of Research
Models or simulation
Derived or compiled
Reference or canonical