Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Armero tragedy
A volcano is a rupture in the crust of a planetary-mass object, such as Earth, that allows hot lava, volcanic ash, and gases to escape from a magma chamber below the surface.
The tragedy of Armero
Was one of the major natural disaster in Colombia and in all the world, consecuence of the eruption of the Nevado del Ruiz volcano on november 13,1986
Footage and photographs of Omayra Sánchez,a young victim of the tragedy were published around the world
A banner at a mass funeral in Ibagué read, "The volcano didn't kill 22,000 people. The government killed them."
But this tragedy was caused by mud produced by the melt of the montains glaciers, aproximately 10%, it killed most of the habitants of the place
The Armero tragedy