Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Magalat Revolt
Start of the Uprising
• Date: 1596
• Setting: Cagayan
• Instigator: Magalat and his brother
• Cause: Opposition to the tribute
Capture and Release
• initial uprising was suppressed
• kept in Manila as exiles
• later, released through the persuasion of Dominican priests
• returned to Cagayan after his release
• incited again a rebellion against the Spaniards
• commited atrocious acts on the natives who refused to participate
• Gov Gen Francisco de Tello de Guzman sent Spanish and Filipino colonial troops
• defeated the rebels
• assasinated by his own men
• death caused the failure of the revolt