Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Cartography's History Timeline
Transcript of Cartography's History Timeline
ever found were those belonging
to the ancient Babylonians.
Ancient versions of cartography were
found on clay tablets in 23000BC. The Ancient Greeks believed in maps being a very advanced idea. Philosophers began the most famous idea that the Earth is spherical. This was a ginormous step in cartography and supported by all ever since. Ptolemy during the Roman Empire, made a
"world map". It actually was the Earth from
30 degrees South to sixty degrees North. He also wrote a book called "Guide to Geography". His book was commonly referred to by many geographers until the renaissance period.