Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
FCE Tips: How to Write an Article
Transcript of FCE Tips: How to Write an Article
Type of article
informal to neutral
* It depends on what magazine it is for (ex : young people magazine : more informal, business/travel magazine : more neutral)
* Do not use formal expressions (ex : Besides, moreover, likewise.. /I would like to give an opposite idea..)
- It should be interesting and catch the reader’s attention.
- Do not just copy sentence from the task.
- Use informal language to involve the reader (ex : Once Carnival starts, the whole town goes crazy!)
- Don’t forget to express your opinion (ex : I love the giant street dolls.)
1. Heading : think of an interesting title.
2. Introductory paragraph linked to the title : to make the reader interested in the topic, try to use a question.
3. One or two more paragraphs : develop your main points.
4. A final paragraph : summarise the main points and give your concluding opinion or express your feelings.
Involving the reader
1. Are you thinking of (getting married in the near future)?
2. I’m sure you’ll agree (it was a great idea.)
Developing your points
1 . Let’s start with (why it is so important to take plenty of exercise).
2. Another advantage (of using a computer is that..)
3. On top of that,…
Giving your own opinion
1. I think that/In my opinion (traditional celebrations are very important).
2. It seems to me that (people are much more aware of the importance of a good diet nowadays.)