Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Copy of Cheetahs and their Adaptations
Transcript of Copy of Cheetahs and their Adaptations
Parts of Africa
The Middle East
Southern Asia Origin of Name The scientific name for
the Cheetah is "Acinonyx
Jubatus" Diet A Cheetah's diet consists
mainly of small Gazelles,
Antelope, Hares, and ground
birds. Extinction Because of their fur
and teeth, Cheetahs
are popularly hunted
animals. They are in few
numbers today, in the wild
they are expected to live
6 to 7 years. In captivity,
11 to 12 years. Adult Size An adult Cheetah can
weigh from 88 to 143lbs,
and can measure from 44 to
53inches. Males are slightly larger
than females. Adaptations Here are some adaptions
Cheetahs have had to make in their environments.
1. Cheetahs can run from 60 to
75mph, but only for short periods
of time, so their hunting strategy is
adapted to it.
2. Cheetahs have well fitted claws
and teeth for grabing their prey.
3. They have good eye sight for
catching prey and keeping family safe
at night and in the day.
4. Cheetahs have extreme strength
for running and carrying their prey and
5. Cheetahs are lightweight to help run
faster and catch food.
6. It's flexible spine helps it to fight and
twist in certain postions when needed.
7. The Cheetah's lungs are larger than
other cat's to help recieve more oxygen
8. To help spot prey or watch cubs
Cheetahs use termite mounds to help
9. It's long streamlined body helps it
to cover more ground than some of it's
10. Cheetahs use their long tails as rudders
to help them and their cubs get across water. The Importance of Adapting The Cheetah survives on it's strength
and speed. If the Cheetah was fast but had
no hunting strategy, it would always tire,
and never get food. If it had speed and
strategy, but small lungs it would tire, and
could hurt itself. All these things depend
on one another, and the Cheetah's cubs
depend on all these things. An animal has to
adapt to survive, if living things didn't adapt,
EVERYTHING would die and wouldn't be able to
survive. Bib. http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_kind_of_environment_do_cheetahs_live_in