Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of The Suffragettes
The leader of the British suffragette movement was arrested when she tried to enter Parliament
SUFFRAGETTES EMPLOY NEW METHODS
EMMELINE PANKHURST IN PRISON
"We are here, not because we are law-breakers; we are here in our efforts to become law-makers", said Mrs. Pankhurst.
Monday, February 17, 1913
Vol XCIII, No. 311
The fight for women's suffrage becomes more intense.
WOMEN CLAIM THE VOTE
The suffragette Emily Davison was knocked down by the king's horse
TRAGEDY AT EPSON DERBY
"Deeds not words" has become the new motto of the suffragettes
AND FINALLY... WOMEN WIN THE VOTE!
1918* / 1928
Suffragettes are criticized and ridiculed. They are depicted as:
Old and ugly
Bossy and violent
Bad mothers, bad wifes, bad housekeepers
A movement against women's vote arises