Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Clay Masks
Other Types of Masks...
All About Masks
Help with breathing
Modern Goalie Mask
Chinese New Year
Dia De Los Muertos
Write down as any different kinds of masks as you can think of. Be prepared to share out.
(I thought of 8)
Create a unique, original mask that expresses:
1. your identity
2. a social/global issue
3. interpretation of an artwork
The Future of Statues, 1937
Table Group Challenge:
Masks from Greece
"Mask of Agamemnon"
Native American Masks
Masks of south east Asia are used in operas and performances
Modern Artist in Georgia
Egyptians thought that the mask would guide the spirit of the king back to its final resting place in the body
This mask was warn during ceremonies
This was made by hammering a single
piece of flat gold
Some masks represent human forms, others depict birds, fish, or reptiles.
How metal masks are made
Chinese New Year
Dragon dances are performed at New Year to scare away evil spirits
Wooden mask of Africa
Some masks are made of hair, bone, and shells.
Created 3500 years ago out of solid gold!
Painted Plaster Mask
1. Choose one country or culture to use as inspiration for your clay mask.
2. Create at least three different sketches of a mask.
3. Meet with Mrs. Cleary to discuss sketches & ideas
*What is the purpose of your mask (protection, disguise, performance, entertainment, ritual)?
*What does your mask represent or symbolize (an animal, culture, personal meaning)?