Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
music, revision and stressbusting
Transcript of music, revision and stressbusting
Music can be helpful for some:
it blocks out external noise and distraction
it can change your mood
it can help you to focus
What type of music?
Let's try some simple problems to test out the theory...
1. What is 35 + 67?
2. What is (7 x 4) - 16?
3. It is 3.26pm. What time will it be in 97 minutes?
4. 5 monkeys take 5 minutes to eat 5 bananas. How long would it take 40 monkeys to eat 40 bananas?
5. If a student and a half can eat a pizza and a half in an hour and a half, how many pizzas will 12 students eat in 3 hours?
OK, let's try that again...
1. What is 96 +17?
2. What is (26 x 3) - 113?
3. It is 2.21pm. What time will it be in 36 minutes?
4. Mr. Brown has 10 black gloves and 8 brown gloves in his closet. He blindly picks up some gloves from the closet. What is the minimum number of gloves Mr. Brown will have to pick to be certain to find a pair of gloves of the same colour?
5.My grandson is about as many days as my son is weeks, and my grandson is as many months as I am in years. My grandson, my son and I together are 120 years. Can you tell me my age in years?
4. 5 minutes
5. 36 pizzas
2. - 35
4. 3 gloves
Make yourself some revision playlists:
9 - 10 songs long
start with an upbeat 'motivator'
25 mins of ignorable background
end with a reward trigger
motivator - something that makes you feel energised and positive...
smooth volume level
no words or ignorable words
a song you really like
makes you feel relaxed and positive
this section of your revision is over!
reduces adrenaline and stress levels
encourages blood flow
20 mins x 3-5 times per week
Exercising in the exam hall...?
put yourself in control
accentuate the positive
This exam season, don't be afraid
to get into...
D - diet
E - exercise
B - breathing
T - think positive
The pomodoro technique
blocks of 25 mins working time
short break of 5 mins after each
after 4 pomodoros, longer break of 25 mins
Pomodoro timer apps on your phone...
background noise (ticking/rain/music)
physical act of focusing
indicator to others that you would rather not be interrupted