Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Global Impact of FabLabs and the Maker Movement in Education (MMI Paris Feb 4 2017)
Transcript of Global Impact of FabLabs and the Maker Movement in Education (MMI Paris Feb 4 2017)
Marymount International School, London
Students produce unique systems of knowing
Students produce constructions that others can see and critique
Computer as Material
Seymour Papert’s forward to Mindstorms: Children, Computers, and Powerful Ideas (Basic Books, 1980).
“My thesis could be summarized as: What the gears cannot do the computer might. The computer is the Proteus of machines. Its essence is its universality, its power to simulate.
Because it can take on a thousand forms and can serve a thousand functions, it can appeal to a thousand tastes.”
Making Knowledge by Making Things