Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
132-732 Week 11 2013 Pt2
Transcript of 132-732 Week 11 2013 Pt2
Week 11: Risk Pt2
Risk is De-localized
New risks do not respect borders
Risks have long latencies
Causes and consequences impossible to assign
Risk is an unreliable ally
'We increasingly reside in a life world of fear and anxiety largely constituted by a loss of trust in our own ability and that of our institutions to both ultimately know and deliver a better world, or even provide a predictable and secure state of existence'
Gunder (2008: 188)
Modernity's certitude of knowability predictability and governability
Risk is a product of modernity
Compulsion to act
Risk is endless
Risk itself is risky
Ashcloud from Eyjafjallajokull eruption 2010
R=probability of the event x the severity of the consequence