Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Elizabeth I The Ditchley Portrait
Transcript of Elizabeth I The Ditchley Portrait
What is behind her? Look at what Elizabeth is standing on Why is she standing on it? Symbolism What are these symbols on her dress?
Why is her dress decorated in them? Look at her clothes Angel Wings around her head - she is sent from God What is she holding? A Fan It was painted c.1592 The Ditchley Portrait 1588 was the Spanish Armada The Tudor Rose House of Lancaster House of York The white dress - to symbolise purity Expensive jewels and pearls A rose - symbolising youth and it is flowering and blossoming like the Queen. A Glove Gloves were worn by army officers.
Shows military strength Only the very rich had fans at this time