Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Zipcar
Found in the US in 2000
A membership-based car sharing company ( 1h, 1d, or monthly )
A wide range of cars and vans
( cost effective )
1. Customer-friendly business model
2. First move advantage
3. Low price
( insurance, gas, maintenance included)
4. Convenient process
Zipcar serves around 700,000 members with over 9,000 vehicles in North America and the UK
Main Customers of using Zipcar
- A resident cannot afford to own a car
- Offer more than 9,000 vehicles with low cost
- Convenience for car-free people’s life
For Universities (Both staff & students)
- Provide self-service access to cars 24/7
- Provides the opportunities for students who could not use the public transportation to travel to campus
For Business Users
- offering special service to encourage employees using Zipcar
- discounts on Monday - Friday driving
As the concept of car-sharing becomes more popular, Zipcar now faces more competition.
From the car rental giant
( reserve a car in drivers area from phone, desktop or tablet )
( partnership with Eileo technology )
* These new players are aggressively trying to sway car share users by providing similar service as Zipcar
Partnership with Cingular Wireless Technology (AT&T)
Create a system that made reserving, accessing and using a Zipcar
Enable reservation online & access to Zipcar
Made car sharing easy and convenient to use
1. Cost of maintenance and operations
2. Baby seats unavailable
3. Does not provide one way rental
4. Customers dissatisfaction
Fully hosted management
How it works?
How e-marking improve Zipcar's value
In 2011, Zipcar spent about $7 million on measured media
Data driven marketing strategies
A deep understanding of their members as well as potential members
Use data as a competitive advantage
Being active in mobile, social and online
- interaction with customers
- reserve a car
- ensure the content as relevant as possible to those individuals in different location
- share company values
- improve customer experiences
Thank you !
Car rental service