Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Keith Haring - 6th & 7th Grade
Transcript of Keith Haring - 6th & 7th Grade
What is Street Art?
Art produced in public spaces, usually without permission from the space's owner
Art of pop culture; subjects include everyday items, celebrities, and social issues
"Pop" = popular
Haring had a signature style when representing people. He never gave them a specific name, he just called them figures.
Sometimes referred to as Graffiti, or Vandalism
What is Pop Art?
1958 – 1990
Element of art; the path of a point moving through space
What is Line?
The repetition of lines, shapes, or color
What is pattern?
Features of Haring's Artwork
Focal point with 1 or more
figures interacting with each other or an object
Movement or sound shown with little lines
Area of simple pattern
Colors that are opposite from each other on the color wheel
Red & Green
Orange & Blue
Violet & Yellow
Haring believed that "art is for everyone"
Keith Haring Painting
At least 1 "Haring Figure"
At least 1 symbol or object
Movement or sound shown w/ lines
Sold for $ $3,077,000 in