Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Working as a Freelance
Transcript of Working as a Freelance
Freelancers should be:
Freelance (or Freelancer
- is somebody who is self-employed and is not fixed to a particular employer long term. These workers are sometimes represented by a company or an agency.
- is someone who captures still motion in photo. Being a freelance in this role gives a lot of freedom to capture what ever comes to your heart.
- is someone who reviews, summaries , rates and gives a critical analysis of a feature/short film for magazines, newspapers and online columns.
is a person who controls the artistic and dramatic aspects of a film or Television show. Most directors w
ork freelance and may even suggest other production members he/she may know to join the team.
- creates the story and how each character fits into the plot. It is definitely harder to be a freelance scriptwriter than working in a company, because in a company you've previously seen the writers ability and the boss may not want to take a risk by hiring a freelance.
is someone who researches, writes, and reports information to present in sources, conduct interviews, engage in research, and make reports. They also have a bad representation of being liars and sneaky
, because they disguise and fool people into giving them private information.
Working as a freelance
Being a freelancers is great way of being independent.
It is great for the TV and film industry, because most jobs in this industry are not permanent or guaranteed.
- Fast at meeting deadlines
- Have to be very punctual
- Very good attendance
- Financially stable
- Able to network
Unit 8.2 - Task 3
- You are your own boss and whatever you say is final.
-more networking opportunities to socialize with important companies.
-you don’t rely on others to get work done. This is especially great for photographers who want to work freely without hassle of unnecessary work members.
-there isn't a deadline
-you can work around your own schedule
- You don't have a limited amount of days for a holiday
- You sort out your own taxes
-you have to find your own work, which may be stressful because it is extra work on yourself on top of the written essays.
- companies are usually linked with other corporations that 100% of the time offer jobs to their workers which is very beneficial, but this is not so good for freelancers due to the endless phone calls and emails to try and get themselves a deal. In addition it is not certain that you will get the job.
- You don't get paid at all if you are on holiday.