Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Case Analysis (Brand Management) - Arrow Shirts
Transcript of Case Analysis (Brand Management) - Arrow Shirts
Abhyudhya // Darsa // Santhosh // Jitin // Mrinalini // Jitin // Razhvi // John
- Manufactures a range of cotton shirting, denim, knits and bottom weights (Khakis) fabrics
- Retails its own brands such as
- Licenses international brands such as
An Arrow Customer
Key Case Questions ...
Transition to "Lifestyle" branding
Consumer Perception Data
In marketing communications
- Consistency in the Arrow's life style branding
- Dangerous to flip-flop between ...
product related performance & non-product related imagery
Improve brand awareness
Brand Concept Management
- Strengthen lifestyle imagery
- Strengthen the product
- Secondary associations : Events
- Secondary associations : Brand Ambassador
Strengthen Lifestyle Imagery
- Marketing communications
- focus on self-expressive benefits
- promote the "Arrow Life" imagery
- showcase usage situations
- Consistency (@ all consumer touch points)
- Store appearance, advertising, store employees etc
- Signature line
Strengthen the product
- Product attribute related (address shortcomings)
- Stay relevant, Stay fresh
- Trend spotting
- "Feet on the street"
- Mine sales data
- R & D (color issues, developing signature line)
Secondary Associations - Events
Secondary Associations - Brand Ambassador
"Best in class" Quality, Premium US brand
Assertive, Spontaneous, and full of originality
Committed to providing quality apparel
Extension of his
Status conscious, Executive look
Urban male, 25-35 years, mid to senior management
- For symbolic products "lifestyle" focus would work
- Also provides the "overarching " image for fortification
- Marketing mix for non product Imagery different from product performance
- Focus on self expressive benefits, lifestyle, usage situations
- Usage of endorsements etc
Lifestyle positioning ?
Impact on Marketing mix ?
- Strongly project lifestyle imagery
- With associations that are relevant to the youth
- Maintain the premium position
- Marketing communications on the lifestyle image
- Product changes
- Leaveraging secoandary assocaitions
Positioning change ?
How to alter Brand imagery ?
Enthusiastic youth, Fashionable, Assertive
Spontaneous, Full of originality
Classy and Elegant
- Fashion shows
- Talent shows
- Other suitable events
- Quality of fabric is good and it did not run color
- However, the colors were fading and the shirts did not have a good finish
- Weak designs
- User profile : Urban male, 25-35 years, mid to senior management
- Personality : Assertive, Spontaneous, and full of originality
" Social approval "
- Felt their social status enhanced
- Complimented by friends and family
- Meant for the wealthy
- Superior Quality at the price offered
- Offered products worthy of their price
- Scored well on the “Brand that could be recommended”
- Brand loyalty ??? - many competitors - positioned as " youthful " " colorful " "international " brands
- Well known as “premium menswear apparel”
- Associated with workplace dressing
Improve brand image
Strengthen other usage situations
( casual dressing )
( Social, Premium - a weakened association )
( Fade, design - Product related )
- "market shielding"
- Maintain self-image
- Premium pricing
- Tight marketing
- "image bundling"
- overarching image
- Men & Women apparel
- Lifestyle : Arrow life
1999 - 2006
Arrow - Past
Arrow: " Need to switch to new attributes from Expensive-Exclusive to Sporty-Causal-Colorful. "
Arrow : " About 54% of our population is under 25 years and 72% under 35 Young people today are earning better than their parents, thanks to jobs in the new, energized sectors like IT and ITeS. They're also postponing marriage, which leaves them with single, undisputed incomes to spend on themselves. "
Arrow - Current
*SOURCE - The economic times
- Market dominated by the unorganized sector (tailor)
- A voice of authority, an expert in men’s office wear/ formal wear
- An international brand; A premium quality offering
- Communication : Highlighting american heritage, features, quality
- Imagery loosing relevance : "Arrow: My dad's brand"
- Moved from Product focused to focus on lifestyle
- Strengthened Non formal and causal dressing offerings
- Reworked formals, introduced more colors
- Entry of several international brands
- Strengthened imagery of lifestyle brand
- Widened product portfolio : Arrow sport & Arrow Women
- Increased distribution points
1999 - 2006
2008 - 2010
- Working male professionals
- 25-35 years age group
- Residing in an urban setting
- Working at junior middle to senior levels of management
- Assertive, Spontaneous, Full of originality
- Male, the Decision maker on the brand
- Should have bought > 4 garments in last 1 year ( avg price > 1K)
- Should own at least 4 of below ...
- Introduced in 1885; Owned by PVH Corp. USA
- Reflected youthfulness & optimism ( American spirit )
- In 1993, Licensed to Arvind mills ( who pays royalty )
- Distribution/Marketing handled by Arvind mills
- Retail presence of Arrow brand felt only from 1999
- Positioning change ?
- How to alter brand imagery ?
- Lifestyle positioning ?
- Impact on marketing mix ?