Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Vatican City
A masterpiece of Human Creative Genius
Important interchange of human values, developments in architecture and monumental arts Interesting Facts about the Pope There is a monarchy in Vatican City though it is not hereditary by birth right like England. Vatican City is ruled by whoever is elected the Bishop of Rome, that is the Pope.
The latest Pope elected was Francis the 1st on the 14th March 2013.
The Sistine Chapel is where the enclave of Bishops meet to elect a new Pope.
The Pope must always live in the Vatican no matter where they are from. The Vatican City, also known as the Holy See, is one of the most sacred places to Christians world wide. It is the smallest country in the world situated within the city of Rome. Boasting a unique collection of artistic and architectural masterpieces. Vatican City is home to the Roman Catholic Pope and considered the spiritual center of Catholicism. The inclusion of the Vatican City in the World Heritage List is fully justified, since the succession of Roman Catholic Popes have transformed the Vatican into a unique complex including some of the most outstanding artistic achievements of mankind. Vatican city features artwork including paintings, sculptures, tapestries by masters in their field. The architecture in the main buildings is also world renown. St. Peters Square St Peter's Basilica Quiz? 1. When was the entire historic area of Rome made a UNESCO heritage site?
2. When was the Vatican City made a heritage site?
3. Name one reason Vatican City became Heritage Listed.
4. Who is the new Roman Catholic Pope?
5. Who was the 1st Catholic Pope?
6. Where is he buried?
7. Who painted the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel?
8. What is the official language of Vatican City? Interesting Places Thanks for Watching!! The 5 most popular tourist attractions in Vatican City Vatican City located in Rome It has an area of approximately 44 hectares (110 acres), and a population of just over 800. This makes Vatican City the smallest internationally recognized independent state in the world by both area and population. Sistine Chapel Criteria 4
Vatican City is an outstanding example of a type of building, which illustrates a significant stage in human history.
To be directly or tangibly associated with events or living traditions, with ideas, or with beliefs, with artistic and literary works of outstanding universal significance.
The Best Illustration of all 4 criteria is the Sistine Chapel Pope John Paul II Pope Benedict XVI Pope Francis I St Peter's Basilica