Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of AVID Implementation
AVID Elective Teacher
4 Core Content Teachers
Parents - Two day professional development (whole group)
- Monthly Staff Development Trainings
- Administrative "non-negotiables" W.D. Sugg Middle School is coming to the end of year one of implementation. Was resistance to change present? What could have been done differently? How can professional development be geared towards concerns from the staff? Stages of Concern Expressions of Concern
Stage 6: Refocusing I have some ideas about something that would work even better.
Stage 5: Collaboration I am concerned about relating what I am doing with what my co-workers are doing.
Stage 4: Consequence How is my use affecting clients?
Stage 3: Management I seem to be spending all of my time getting materials ready.
Stage 2: Personal How will using it affect me?
Stage 1: Informational I would like to know more about it.
Stage 0: Awareness I am not concerned about it.
Hall and Hord, p. 73 Levels of Use Behaviors Associated with LoU
0 Non-Use No interest shown in the innovation; no action taken
1 Orientation Begins to gather information about the innovation
2 Preparation Begins to plan ways to implement the innovation
3 Mechanical Concerned about mechanics of implementation
4A Routine Comfortable will innovation and implements it as taught
4B Refinement Begins to explore ways for continuous improvement
5 Integration Integrates with other initiatives; collaborates with others
6 Renewal Explores new and different ways to implement innovation
Hall and Hord, p. 94 Levels of Use of the AVID Program Stages of Concern About
the AVID Program How can W.D. Sugg Middle School increase the success of the change effort? Create an Innovation Configuration map that the staff is aware of.
Address individual concerns.
Vary levels of professional development.