Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Rhetorical & Logical Fallacies
Transcript of Rhetorical & Logical Fallacies
Source of Claim
Position of an argument
Assumption A caricature can refer to a portrait that exaggerates or distorts the essence of a person or thing to create an easily identifiable visual likeness. In literature, a caricature is a description of a person using exaggeration of some characteristics and oversimplification of others. Mrs. Lindsey
March 20, 2013 Logical Fallacies Round 1: Each student will find a text example of one of the terms from the word sort and write it at the top of their pie. (Students must know what word sort term they found.)
Round 2 - Rotate the circle to the right. The students will determine which word sort term their partner wrote as an example and write the term below the example.
Round 3 - Rotate the circle to the right. The students will explain "why this example is a ______ (word sort term)."Small Group Purposeful Talk -
Round 4 - Read the example, the term, and the explanation. Since the students are reading their own examples, they will need to lead the discussion agreeing or challenging the term or explanation. Each student will take a turn leading the discussion of their example. Product Quilting Word Sort In groups of 2 match each definition to the bold word. Words are located in envelopes Re-Read Paranormal Activity from yesterday Bell Work Classroom Expectations
1. Be seated when you enter the room
2. Do your bell work immediately
3. Remain silent and seated until given permission to speak or get up
4. Respect each other at all times
5. If you are not seated when the bell rings,
you are tardy What conclusions can you come to about the relationship between Alexander and his classmates?
It Shows? What does the video show?
I Say What do you say about the relationship?
And So Putting together what the video says and you say answer the above question.