Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
MEDIA-BASED ARTS and DESIGN in the PHILIPPINES
Transcript of MEDIA-BASED ARTS and DESIGN in the PHILIPPINES
Photography as art
- discerning a significant moment or a unique expression, framing it in the camera viewfinder with an eye for composition and clicking the shutter
Photography as communication
- journalism, advertising, education,even in courts of law, used to eloquently speak out against social and political issues.
Photography as process
- focusing a camera at a subject and clicking the shutter
-viewed as a purely technical process, that of recording visible images by light action on light-sensitive materials.
- meaning light
"Graphos" - meaning writing
Noteworthy Philippine Photographers
-an award-winning travel photographer
- Pacific Asia Tourism Association (PATA) Gold awardee
- 2011 Ist Place in National Geographic Photo Contest.
JOHN K. CHUA
- an advertising and commercial photographer.
- 40 years of experience in the field and received numerous awards, local and international.
-cinema; motion pictures
- another dimension into play
-that of moving images.
-conceptualizes the scene, directs acting, supervised cinematography and editing and sound dubbing.
-delivering lines naturally and believably.
- captured the director's vision of each scene, through camera placement and movement, lighting and other special techniques.
- joined by film editing, the art of selecting the precise sections of film, sequencing and joining them to achieve the director's desired visual and emotional effect.
- location, scenery, sets, lighting, costumes and props
- the mental image that the director had of how each scene.
Slapstick comedy/silent movie
HORROR & FANTASY FILM
ANIMATED FEATURED FILMS
WAR & DISASTER FILM
WESTERN OR COWBOYS MOVIES
THRILLERS OR SUSPENSE FILMS
HISTORICAL OR BIOLOGICAL FILMS
-The Philippines' Greatest Director Filipino film director.
-He is widely regarded as one of the most influential and significant Filipino filmmakers in Philippine cinema history.
Miguel Pamintuan de Leon, also known as Mike de Leon
(born May 24, 1947) is a Filipino film director, cinematographer, scriptwriter and film producer.
- a Filipino film, stage and television director, actor and screenwriter. Noted for his melodramas, particularly with feminist and moral issues
-is a multi-awarded Filipino film-maker.
-He has received an award from the International Film Festival of Flanders-Ghent, Belgium in 1983; a Special Jury Award from the Manila International Film Festival; and the 2004 Gawad CCP Para sa Sining.
(born Maurice Ruiz de Luzuriaga Gallaga
-a Filipino actress and director.earned International acclaim at the Toronto International Film Festival.
(March 30, 1955
– October 8, 2012) was a multi-awarded film director from the Philippines.
-She was the founder and president of the Marilou Díaz-Abaya Film Institute and Arts Center, a film school based in Antipolo City, Philippines.
-She meticulously produced films for over twenty years and was part of the Second Golden Age of Philippine Cinema.
MARYO J. DELOS REYES
a film and television director from the Philippines. He began his career in the 1970s.
-is a Filipino film director.
-He was born and raised in San Fernando, Pampanga.
-He took Advertising Arts of the then College of Architecture and Fine Arts at the University of Santo Tomas
-is the process of creating the illusion of motion and shape change by means of the rapid display of a sequence of static images that minimally differ from each other.
-an animated film adaptation of the legend of the warrior princess of Pangasinan and recognized as the the fully-animated Filipino film.
DAYO: SA MUNDO NG ELEMTALIA
- the country's first-all-digital full-length animated feature film
large-scale publications such as newspapers, magazines, journals, books of all kinds, flyers, brochures, menus and the like.
PRODUCTION & INDUSTRIAL DESIGN
-is a Filipino industrial designer known for his unique designs integrating natural materials through innovative handmade production processes.He began his design career after his studies in Industrial Design in New York, which led him to apprenticeships and further studies in Italy and Germany.
(born September 15, 1971, Cebu City, Philippines) is a fashion designer most prominently known for bridal wear. She owns a couture fashion house based in Los Angeles, California, as well as another store on Manhattan's Upper East Side.
a Filipino-American fashion designer who has a prestigious place in New York fashion industry. Began her career as an investment banker, before she made the dramatic shift to creating her own lines of lingerie, resort and lounge wear, as well as semi-formal and casual attire.
- known to general public as a judge on television series Project Runway Philippines.a savvy interpreneur, his creation maintain a Filipino sensitivity,incorporating embroidery, beadwork and hand-painted prints.
Lulu Tan Gan
- known for her fashionable knitwear lines,"The Queen of Knitwear" in the country.her specialty evolved into a new hand-woven line called Inigenous Couture.
-Philippine designer who advocates the use of local weaving tecniques and natural fibers. Known as "Wrap Artist" for her famous bold-colored wraps