Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Copy of Copy of Science Fair Naked Egg Experiment
Transcript of Copy of Copy of Science Fair Naked Egg Experiment
Well… Conclusion How I set the experiment up What is happening? Variables The types of liquids I used were...
1. White Vinegar
2. Red Wine Vinegar
3. Eagle One All Wheel and Tire Cleaner
4. Zep Calcium, Lime, and Rust Stain Remover They all contain Hydroxyacetic Acid (Acetic Acid)– the reason the egg shell dissolves. Eagle One All Wheel and Tire Cleaner White Vinegar Red Wine Vinegar Zep Calcium, Lime, and Rust Stain Remover Acetic Acid breaks apart the calcium and carbonate ions
The calcium parts(ions) then float freely
A calcium ion is an ion that doesn’t have any electrons
While the calcium ions float freely, the carbonate ions go to make carbon-dioxide(CO2) – which creates bubbles. Independent Variable (what I changed): I changed the type of liquid with each experiment. Controlled Variables (what stayed the same): Amount of liquid, cup, light, time(2 days), type of egg, and scale. Dependent Variable (what was measured): How much mass the egg lost from losing the shell. Procedure:
Place each egg on scale and measure mass
Copy down mass of each egg in row “Before Test” and under column “egg 1”, “egg 2”, “egg 3”, and “egg 4”
Place 4 eggs in 4 different cups
Pour 1 US cup (237ml) of “White Vinegar” into 1 cup using funnel
Pour 1 US cup (237ml) of “Red Wine Vinegar” into 1 cup using funnel
Pour 1 US cup (237ml) of “Eagle One All Wheel and Tire Cleaner” into 1 cup using funnel
Pour 1 US cup (237ml) of “Zep Calcium, Lime, and Rust Stain Remover” into 1 cup using funnel
Make note of the time the experiment was started
Mark each cup so you can distinguish each liquid
48 hours later – put on plastic gloves and remove each egg from liquid (wash in water)
Place each egg on the scale fairly quickly (in order to get the most accurate results)
Copy down the mass under row “After Test” and under column “egg 1”, “egg 2”, “egg 3”, and “egg 4” The calcium ions then float freely and appear as if they were pieces of dry skin floating around in the liquid. After Experiment Before Experiment My hypothesis is, "a more acid based liquid such as “Zep Calcium, Lime, and Rust Stain Remover” will dissolve the egg to a greater extent and lessen the weight of the egg". The test did NOT prove my hypothesis. The data suggested that eggs will lose their shell when submerged in White Vinegar, Red Wine Vinegar, or Zep Calcium, Lime, and Rust Stain Remover. Explanation on Data