Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Unit 1: 01_An Introduction to 3D Modeling
Transcript of Unit 1: 01_An Introduction to 3D Modeling
The Jump from 2 to 3D
Putting 3D Printing to Use
The 'Geometries' of 3D Objects
Every object can be broken down into simpler
Geometry (defined): the shape or form of a
surface or solid
On a sheet of paper, write all of the 2D shapes you see in this 3D model.
3. Break the larger shape into smaller, more easily recognizable 2D and 3D geometric shapes.
The World’s “First” 3D-Printed House Begins Construction
: YWBAT identify the 2D shapes that makes up our everyday 3D objects.
: What is the role of polygons in 3D structures?
Ways of identifying the geometries of an object:
How many basic shapes can you break this object into?
1.Complete the 3D Printshow Research Survey
2. Bring in a small 3D object tomorrow and be prepared to share the 'geometries' of that object.