Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Western Capitalism and Chinese Confucianism?
Transcript of Western Capitalism and Chinese Confucianism?
NO! "The Chinese are not necessarily better or worse than Westerners, only different"
~Scarborough THE WEST
rule by law
sufficient resources to support early urbanization, specialization of labor, and large scale trade
Reliance on reason and the scientific method China
Individual duty and collective obligations
Rule by personality and imperial authority
An agrarian subsistence economy and endless hardship both natural and imposed
Reliance on precedent, intuition and wisdom The Economy Works
Does It? Either way works, but compatible with each other?
Capitalism and Confucianism will never be able to work together in harmony.