Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
THE MORISSONIAN TECHNIQUE OR UNIT METHOD
Transcript of THE MORISSONIAN TECHNIQUE OR UNIT METHOD
The essential features of the unit are presented and important points emphasized. The aim is to give the pupil a bird’s eye view of the entire unit.
THE UNIT METHOD
-is considered as the beginning of the different kinds of units and integrative techniques, often used in the teaching of (Geography, History, Government, & Economics)
HERE ARE THE STEPS!! :)
The teacher through questions and tests or in discussions, discovers what previous knowledge or experience the pupils have about the unit to eliminate repetitions of subject matter already learned and to decide on the apperceive basis for the new unit.
The child learns what has been presented by the teacher, absorbs it, and makes it part of himself.
This period presents an excellent opportunity for the teacher to check up on the study habits of children.
In this step, cooperative outlining is usually worked out by the teacher and the pupils. This outline is placed on the board, criticized, and adopted in a final form. This is an opportunity for the teacher to train the pupils in outlining.
It is also a chance for the pupils to develop logical thinking.
Now the class performs while the teacher and the other pupils listen.
In the unit recitation, the pupil has mastery of what he is talking about and may give a report or lecture for a given time.
What are the advantages?
1. It takes up big blocks of subject matter and cuts across subject boundaries, and is therefore more true to life.
2. It does away w/ the fragmentation of subject matter that results w/ the use of other traditional methods.
3. Because the subject matter is encountered in every step of the unit & because it is presented as a unified whole, what is taught is learned to the point of mastery.
4. The Morrisonian technique corresponds to the steps in the mastery formula w/c are
5. The Morrisonian steps are not only logical but also psychologically sound.
1. Not all teachers are capable of making long-range unit plans that cover a week or more.
2. Teachers may just go through the motions and leave out the essence.
3. Method alone does not insure the mastery.