Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
SEALNet Project 2014
Transcript of SEALNet Project 2014
Raising public awareness towards street children and youth empowerment
- Street kids have been a pressing issue in developing countries like Cambodia/Vietnam.
- In Cambodia, UNESCO estimated 700 000 economically active children between the age of 5 to 17. The number of street children is increasing at a rate of 20% per year.
- Those kids, who wander around every corner of the city, lack a clear focus on their future
- In developing cities like Phnom Penh and Ho Chi Minh city, there is a growing demand for labor source in various careers such as cooks or factory workers
- Due to a lack of exposure, many locals become ignorant of street children.
- Work with high school volunteers to teach street children English
- Collaborate with local partner to hold vocational workshops
- Organize public performance to fundraise and attract public attention
- Improve leadership skills for Cambodian youths through leadership workshops
- Foster sustainable community service among Cambodian youths
- These activities might only have short term impact
- The performance might not attract sufficient public attention
- Communication with local authorities
- Mith Samlanh
- Tiny Toon
- Cambodian Living Art
- Childwise Cambodia
- Koto (Vietnam)
- Blue Dragon (Vietnam)
- Big Toes Crew (Vietnam)
Please support us!
Paul & MG