Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
SEALNet Project 2014
Transcript of SEALNet Project 2014
Raising public awareness towards street children and youth empowerment
- Street kids have been a pressing issue in developing countries like Cambodia/Vietnam.
- In Cambodia, UNESCO estimated 700 000 economically active children between the age of 5 to 17. The number of street children is increasing at a rate of 20% per year.
- Those kids, who wander around every corner of the city, lack a clear focus on their future
- In developing cities like Phnom Penh and Ho Chi Minh city, there is a growing demand for labor source in various careers such as cooks or factory workers
- Due to a lack of exposure, many locals become ignorant of street children.
- Work with high school volunteers to teach street children English
- Collaborate with local partner to hold vocational workshops
- Organize public performance to fundraise and attract public attention
- Improve leadership skills for Cambodian youths through leadership workshops
- Foster sustainable community service among Cambodian youths
- These activities might only have short term impact
- The performance might not attract sufficient public attention
- Communication with local authorities
- Mith Samlanh
- Tiny Toon
- Cambodian Living Art
- Childwise Cambodia
- Koto (Vietnam)
- Blue Dragon (Vietnam)
- Big Toes Crew (Vietnam)
Please support us!
Paul & MG