Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
GUESTROOM CLEANING, CARE & MAINTENANCE
Transcript of GUESTROOM CLEANING, CARE & MAINTENANCE
Nature and Scope of
-Maintenance of order and cleanliness
-Safekeeping of lost and found items
-Coordination with other sections on matters and servicing of guest needs, complaints and concerns.
-Provision for other services to house guests.
-Attending to other guests’ needs and concerns.
GUESTROOM CLEANING,CARE & MAINTENANCE
Guestrooms are serviced by designated room attendants, room boys or chambermaids. Guestrooms are serviced twice a day – morning and late afternoon up to evening.
Classification of guestrooms
4.Double- double room
Types of Suites
2.Pent house suite
Types of Beds
Single bed 5. Roll-away bed
Roll - away bed
OCC - OCCUPIED
VC - VACANT READY
VC - VACANT DIRTY
OOO - OUT OF ORDER ROOM
BLO - BLOCKED
NS - NO SHOW
SO - SLEPT OUT
TERMINOLOGIES USED TO DESCRIBE VARIOUS TYPES OF GUESTS
1.VIP - very important persons
2.VVIP - very, very important persons
3.FIT - free independent traveler/ foreign individual tourist
LIST OF ROOM AMENITIES IN COMMERCIAL HOTELS, RESORTS, AND LODGING HOUSES
INSTALLATION AND SET-UP OF ROOM AMENITIES
1. Installing DND/Make-up sign and door knob menu
2. Room Amenities
Dresser w/ vanity mirror
3. Bedroom set up
4. Bed Linen set up
5. Installation of Guest closet
6. Dresser set up with amenities
7. Set up of nite table with Amenities
8. Washroom Accessories
Liquid soap dispenser
Sanitary napkin receptacles
9. Bathroom Set up
10. Bath towel Set up
11. Basket of Room Amenities
VARIOUS FORMS AND DOCUMENTS INSTALLED IN GUESTROOMS
1. “Where are you” Form
2. Customer feedback Form
3. Acknowledgement Receipt
HANDLING OF VALUABLES AND STORES ARTICLES
For the protection of your cash and other valuables, deposit them at the safety deposit box found at the front office.
Disposition of lost articles will be handed in accordance with the law.
Stored articles will be kept up to six months.
Keys should be deposited with the desk clerk when going out of the hotel.
Animals, birds (as pet)
Articles with offensive odor and those that create disturbing noise.
Explosive and flammable articles.
PREPARATIONS FOR QUALITY ROOMSKEEPING
•Prepare for the job.
•Prepare the required tools, equipment and supplies.
STOCKING AND CLEANING THE ROOM BOY’S TROLLEY
1.Clean and dust shelves and containers before placing the guestroom supplies inside the trolley.
2.Check for threads that might twirled around the wheels.
3.Check the rubber bumper if they are worn out.
4.Check the screw or sharp edge that could catch your clothing and could cause cuts.
5.Request for guestroom supplies.
6.Stock the trolley with the requested supplies.
7. Label all the chemical sprayers to avoid mixing with other chemicals.
8. Stock the cart by putting all the guest room amenities on the top shelves.
9. Folded bed sheets and towels should be filed in the second shelf of the cart.
10. Put all the chemicals at the lower level of the shelves.
11. Vacuum cleaner, dust pan and soft broom are to be placed on one side of the room boys cart.
12. Clean the soiled linen canvas and put plants under liner on the trash canvass.
ROOMS CLEANING AND MAINTENANCE PROCEDURES
Conducting room check
-Must be done with caution and tact.
Procedures for room check
1.Entering the room.
Rooms with DND sign
•Look for DND sign on the door knob and do not knock if the sign is on.
•Call the guest through the phone, once he/she responds, identify yourself and apologize for the disturbance.
•If the guest is not yet ready for the service, ask when he wants the service done.
•Jot down the exact time of the request.
2. Rooms without DND sign and no guest inside.
Knock twice gently. Announce “housekeeping”. If no one answers, knock again three times.
Record the actual status of the room in the housekeeper report.
Submit one copy of the room status report to the front desk clerk.
3. If the guest is in his room and there is no DND sign, follow the following procedures:
If the guest is inside the room but does not answer; open the door slowly and apologize for the disturbance.
Greet the guest, introduce yourself and tell your purpose.
Ask the guest if he/she wants to make up of the room. If not, either come back later.
•If the guest appear to be irritated, say you’re sorry in a nice way.
•Discreetly try to find out if there are unregistered joiners who slept with the registered occupant.
•If no one answers in the room, the guest must have slept out and this should also be reported.
•During the room check, the supervisor also checks the status of each room and indicates it in his room status report.
ROOM MAKE UP PROCEDURES
1.Place the cart in front of the room and knock.
2.Empty all trash cans/basket.
3.Wash and wipe-dry drinking glasses. Refill thermo jug.
4.Replenish soiled linen.
5.Make up the bed.
6.Clean/vacuum the floor.
7.Dusts furniture and fixtures. Polish the mirror.
8.Replenish other guestroom supplies.
9.Make up the bathroom.
10,Check overall condition of the room.
MAKING UP A BED
1.Lay down the bed pad on the bed.
2.Lay down the first bed sheet.
3.Lay down the second bed sheet.
4.Lay down the blanket.
5.Lay down the bed cover.
Make up of Check Out Rooms
1. Check for items left by guests.
2. Pull the curtains or blinds.
3. Adjust air-con to desired temperature.
4. Remove soiled dishes used during room service.
5. Empty all ashtrays and waste baskets.
6. Wash and wipe dry drinking glasses.
7. Clean thermos jug then refill with cold water.
8. Strip the bed of soiled linen and pillow cases
and replace them.
9. Make-up the bed.
10. Vacuum or the shampoo the carpet and
11. Dust all furniture.
12. Polish mirror and all other metal fixtures.
13. Replenish all room supplies.
14. Make-up the bathroom.
15. Fix the curtains.
16. Check the overall condition of the room,
including installed fixtures and appliances.
17. Close the door.
Executing a Turn Down or Night Service
Roll the room boy’s cart complete with supplies towards the guest room.
Active the door bell or knock gently.
Hang the make-up sign.
Turn-down the bed.
Draw the heavy curtains back.
Refill the jug.
Remove room service tray if there is any.
Replenish the towels.
Check the garbage can.
10. Empty and wash the ashtray.
11. Wash soiled drinking glasses.
12. Check the bathroom.
13. Turn off the lights but leave one lamp on.
Inspecting a Vacant, Check Out Rooms
1.Have pen and papers ready.
2.Activate the door bell and knock gently.
3.Proceed with the chain lock.
4.Do the inspection clockwise or counter clockwise.
5.Check the shoehorn inside the closet (If available).
6.Proceed to the luggage rack.
7.Check the condition of the television.
8.Check the cleanliness of the writing table.
9. Check the laundry paraphernalia.
10. Check the coffee table.
11. Check the Nite table (if used), telephone, radio and alarm clock.
12. Check the beds.
13. Check the air-con.
14. Check the bathroom.
15. Release or declare the room vacant and ready for sale.
16. Make a room status report.
Night service starts by late afternoon up to 6:00 AM the following day.
Tasks of midnight service crew:
•Follow up or completion of unfinished tasks by earlier shifts
•Attending the guest’s requests like in installation of extra beds etc.
•Preparation of reports
•Make up of late check out rooms
The Night Shift Supervisor upon reporting shall accomplish the following routine tasks:
•Time-in at rooms keeping office attendance log book
•Receive and acknowledge-sign Master keys
•Check attendance, grooming and uniform of room boy
•Give instruction/reminders to room boy
•Attend to replenishment/set-up of mini bar
•Accomplish mini bar receipts
•Check actual status of room and update room status report
•Check cleanliness of rooms if they are in accordance with prescribed standards
•Check supplies if they are adequate or need to be replenished
•Check items needing maintenance or repairs
•Accomplish service request to engineering office for defective items
•Follow up with engineering any un-accomplished service requests
•Open rooms for guests and engineering staff
• Prepare Supervisor’s/Made Report and In-house Guest Rooming List
•Log down in the log book unusual incidence/endorsements etc.
•Attend to late check-outs or make up requests
•Time out in the Attendance Log book after work