Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
The Respiratory System - Gaseous Exchange
Transcript of The Respiratory System - Gaseous Exchange
Describe the structure and function of the respiratory system (P6)
Explain how the cardiovascular and respiratory systems work together to supply the body with oxygen (M3).
Complete the word search on the STRUCTURE of the respiratory system.
Think about when the cardiovascular system and respiratory system may work together?
Video and discussion
Turn to the back of your work sheets and answer the short test questions.
Air enters the trachea to move towards the lungs, it divides into two branches called the bronchi/bronchus.
These divide into smaller tubes called the bronchioles.
At the end of these are alveoli.
These are air sacs with mini blood vessels called capillaries running from them.
Design a poster explaining what happens during gaseous exchange.
Read page 106 and find out what tidal volume, vital capacity and residual volume are.