Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Traffic in Britain
Transcript of Traffic in Britain
Nguyễn Thị Minh Tâm 13128116
Đinh Kim Phượng 13128103
Trần Nguyễn Bích Quyên 13128109
The first Ominibus
NS-Type the 1st motorized dd bus
A route master DD Bus
New DD Bus
Efficient use of road space
Only on flat streets
The Hackney Carriage
The Hansom Cab
Available at night
- Black Cab sessions
- Don't shout "Taxi"
- London’s taxi ranked as No.1
It can carry a lot more passengers
A memorial to Richard Trevithick’s achievement
- 1804: Penydarren
+ first successful steam locomotive
+ carrying iron
+ first passenger train
+ carrying 36 passengers
+ speed of 30 mph
Monument of Robert Stephenson
Euston station London
1923: “ The Big Four”
The Great Western Railway
The London and North Eastern Railway
The London, Midland and Scottish Railway
The Southern Railway
- 18th largest railway network in the world
+Track kilometres 32,000
- Fifth most used in the world
+Daily services 20,000
+Passenger kilometres 58 billion
+Passenger journeys 1.5 billion
+Freight tonnes 110 billion
Some names of London stations
+no ticket machine
Why do they exist ?
Shutting down a line : expensive + time-consuming
Instructor: Hoàng Nhị Hà