Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Ascomycota
Sexual Reproduction in the ascomycota creates something called the Ascus. The ascus is a tube shaped vessel. This structure defines the fungal group and distinguishes it from other fungal groups. Ascus contains sexual spores that are produced by meiosis which are called ascospores.
There are numerous organisms within Ascomycota, and each species has a different genome structure
Many Ascomycota species are useful beyond their conventional functions. Some species, particularly yeasts, have been used in genetics research.
More ascomycota things
They can be single-celled (yeasts) or filamentous (hyphal) organisms
Saccharomyces cervisae, Morchella esculentum, Penicillium chrysogenum
There are more then 50,00 species of ascomycota
Ascomycota is also called sac fungi
Largest phylum of fungi
ascomycota part 3