Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
levers and pulleys
Transcript of levers and pulleys
A class 1 lever has the fulcrum (pivot point) in between the load and effort.
A class 2 lever has
the load between
the effort and the
Crowbar CLASS 1 CLASS 2 CLASS 3 A Class 3 lever has
the effort between
the load and fulcrum PULLEYS Here are differint types of pulleys. Single Fixed (pulling down)
Single Fixed (pulling up) single fixed/single movable (pulling down) single fixed/single movable (pulling up) LEVERS AND PULLEYS The MA is 1 but since this
pulley is pulling down you
take away 1 rope.
The advantage of this pulley
is that you do not have to pull
or push the pulley down.
The disadvantage of this pulley
is that you have to apply more
effort then the load. The MA is 2 in this pulley since it is
pulling up you dont take away 1 rope.
The advantage of this pulley system is that