Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Ch. 10 Jesus the Healer
Transcript of Ch. 10 Jesus the Healer
How can you receive healing from your hardships?
Jesus calls us to faith.
Jesus teaches us that when we seek his healing, whether from physical ills, from hurt, or from the suffering caused by sin, we must have faith.
The word Apostle means
one who is sent.
They were 12 of Jesus' disciples whom he had chosen to share in his mission.
1. Why did Jesus perform miracles?
2. What types of healing did Jesus perform and continues to heal?
What is the difference between an Apostle and a Disciple?
Which are you?
Jesus the Healer
They were not perfect but they said "Yes" to Jesus anyway.
They teach us to serve and to evangelize.
The Apostles work continues in the Church today through the Bishops, who are the successors of the Apostles.
Jesus performed miracles not to draw attention to himself but to bring people to faith and to enhance their lives.
They were signs of God's love and his Divinity.
"Who except God can give you peace? Has the world ever been able to satisfy the heart?"
-St. Gerard Majella
Why is it important to know the Apostles? How can they help me in my faith?
Read page 109
There is not type of suffering that Jesus could not heal.
Physical- sickness, weakness, suffering, disability.
Spiritual and emotional- forgiveness of sin, removing guilt, hurt, loneliness, and anxiety.
How can you be forgiven?
We must have faith!
Read page 110
Jesus shows us God's power and love. Read Page 111
1. What is the symbolism of the story of Jesus calming the storm?
2. What does the story teach you about your faith?
3. What are the sacraments that continue Jesus' healing ministry?
1. We need to welcome Jesus to calm the storms in our life. Jesus gives us the sense of God's
overwhelming love and presence.
2. Write a reflection
(three sentences) about the story of Jesus calming the storm. What does this story teach you about your faith?
3. The Sacraments of Healing are: Reconciliation
Anointing of the Sick