Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Introduction to Satire
Transcript of Introduction to Satire
writing in which an author uses humor to ridicule or criticize:
What is SATIRE?
types of behavior
humanity in general
not purely for entertainment and fun
promotes change in society or in the world
by poking fun at problems, satirists use the force of laughter to persuade readers to accept their point of view
Think about the serious point the author is making through satire.
satirical writing varies in tone
tone = reveals a writer's attitude toward his or her subject, characters, or audience
in a satirical work it may be tolerant, humorous, or even bitter
Tone in SATIRE
Satire shames an individual or society into improvement.
"a humorous attack"
"Panda Mating Fails;
Veterinarian Takes Over"
"Iraqi Head Seeks Arms"
"Local High School Dropouts Cut in Half"