Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Attendance Monitoring using Biometrics and SMS Reporting
Transcript of Attendance Monitoring using Biometrics and SMS Reporting
Significance of the Study
This study attempts to introduce a system which combines high technology devices with software.
This study will attempt to introduce a system which can calculate the student attendance per day. The attendance of the students will appear on the monitor right after their fingertip is scanned by the reader. If the student is late, or the system did not receive any input for a particular log in/log out time, system will inform their guardians via SMS reporting.
Presented by :
Paul Vencent S. Ureña
Mary Joy N. Martinez
Patrick C. Lejano
BSIT - IV
Scope and Limitation of the Study
To monitor the attendance using fingerprint of the high school student.
Includes the SMS reporting for the guardian.
Includes the database of the attendance of the high school students.
Calendar of activities and advisory to inform the guardian if there are events to commence in the school and attendance during class programs will be part of the monitoring of the computation for the attendance.
Students who are excused for some reasons will be marked as absent.
Only the high school faculty members can access the system.
The attendance will only cover those students who are registered in the system & who log-in and log-out using biometrics.
Background of the Study
The researchers figured out that the manual system needs an enhancement. The manual system of the teachers consists of record books, used to check the attendance of their students. In the manual system, it takes time for the teacher to call the name of the students one by one.
Setting of the Study
The study will place at the high school department of Batangas State University ARASOF - Nasugbu. BatStateU ARASOF – Nasugbu is one of the extension campuses of Batangas State University in the region and is located at Barangay Bucana, Nasugbu, Batangas.
Statement of the Problem
Every school must be on its highest security and order to ensure its jurisdiction within the school premises. Schools do have students willing to learn to the extent of always attending their classes, but in reality we can’t ignore the fact that some of the students do not attend their class due to some important reason and that their parents are not aware of it. As the problem become exceedingly noticeable, the researchers aim to develop a Student Attendance Monitoring System using Biometrics that will provide an effective and accurate answer for monitoring attendances & tardiness.
“Attendance Monitoring System with SMS Reporting for the BatStateU-ARASOF Laboratory School”
FINDINGS, PRESENTATION AND INTERPRETATION
Fingerprint Monitoring Device
1. The fingerprint reader must be clean. To clean the fingerprint reader:
*Apply the sticky side of a piece of adhesive cellophane tape to the fingerprint reader window and then peel it of away.
*If the fingerprint reader window appears cloudy gently wipe to window with soft cloth dampened with mild ammonia based glass cleaner.
2. Do not pour glass cleaner directly on the fingerprint reader window.
3. Do not used alcohol based cleaner.
4. Never submerged the reader in liquid.
5. Never rub the fingerprint reader window with an abrasive material including paper.
6. Do not poke the window coating with your finger nail or any other item such as pen.
Security and Backup
Findings and Interpretation
SUMMARY OF FINDINGS
The study yielded the following findings
1. The existing enrolment system, attendance process and announcement system of the highschool has the lowest functionality and acceptability rate in terms of security and reliability as observe from the summary of evaluation.
2. “Attendance Monitoring System with SMS Reporting for the BatStateU-ARASOF Laboratory School” is reasonably acceptable for enrolment, announcement, and attendance software perceived by the highschool Faculty and Other employee of BatStateU.
3. “Attendance Monitoring System with SMS Reporting for the BatStateU-ARASOF Laboratory School is comparably more functional than the existing enrolment system, attendance process and announcement system of the Highschool BatStateU in terms of accuracy, efficiency, security, innovativeness, reliability, and user-friendliness.
From the above findings, the following conclusions were drawn
1. The existing enrolment system, attendance process and announcement system of the Highschool is considerably less secured and reliable in the creation of “Attendance Monitoring System with SMS Reporting for the BatStateU-ARASOF Laboratory School”.
2. “Attendance Monitoring System with SMS Reporting for the BatStateU-ARASOF Laboratory School” has exhibited the qualities of an effective and acceptable computer-based system by its users – the Highschool Faculty and Highschool students.
3. “Attendance Monitoring System with SMS Reporting for the BatStateU-ARASOF Laboratory School” is a better system to implement than the existing enrolment system, attendance process and announcement system of the Highschool by its higher acceptability rate.
Based on the results of the study, the following recommendations are hereby advance:
1. That the “Attendance Monitoring System with SMS Reporting for the BatStateU-ARASOF Laboratory School” for the Highschool students of the BatStateU ARASOF - Nasugbu be considered for actual implementation for the benefit of the entire University.
2. That further enhancements and developments be pursued by the succeeding studies or researches to increase Attendance Monitoring System with SMS Reporting for the BatStateU-ARASOF Laboratory School fundamentals functionalities and to eliminate possible undiscovered bugs.
3. That the Visual Basic be explored in a more in-depth approach by IT students because of its unlimited capabilities to satisfy even the most advanced concepts and peculiar ideas in software development.