Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
11R: CH 8 The Presidency of Andrew Jackson
Transcript of 11R: CH 8 The Presidency of Andrew Jackson
1) it controlled the finances of the country despite being a semi-private corporation,
2) and it prevented individual states from determining fiscal policy within their own borders. Indian Removal Act 1830 Cause: Southern whites wanted Natives moved out in order to settle the land.
Arguement: Natives could never be civilized.
Jackson: led successful acquisitions against the Creek (GA & AL) and Seminoles (FL)
Worcester v. Georgia - 1832 - Nations appealed to Supreme Court - The Marshal Court ruled in favor of the Natives - Jackson replied "John Marshall has made his decision, not let him enforce it."
Result: Trail of Tears 1838 - 16,000 Cherokees and other tribes in the SW forced to march to Oklahoma - 4,000 died on the journey.