Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
11R: CH 8 The Presidency of Andrew Jackson
Transcript of 11R: CH 8 The Presidency of Andrew Jackson
1) it controlled the finances of the country despite being a semi-private corporation,
2) and it prevented individual states from determining fiscal policy within their own borders. Indian Removal Act 1830 Cause: Southern whites wanted Natives moved out in order to settle the land.
Arguement: Natives could never be civilized.
Jackson: led successful acquisitions against the Creek (GA & AL) and Seminoles (FL)
Worcester v. Georgia - 1832 - Nations appealed to Supreme Court - The Marshal Court ruled in favor of the Natives - Jackson replied "John Marshall has made his decision, not let him enforce it."
Result: Trail of Tears 1838 - 16,000 Cherokees and other tribes in the SW forced to march to Oklahoma - 4,000 died on the journey.