Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
A Quilt of A Country
Transcript of A Quilt of A Country
DO NOW: 9/11
Write Down Everything that you know about 9/11. It can be the facts that you know and/or experiences that you have heard from others.
OBJ & Agenda
Opening Up the Unit
Thoughts on what the unit will be on
I will read the first 2 pages. As you follow along, annotate and focus on how the details in the text support the idea of America as "an improbable idea"
Reread the first 2 pages on your own. Write a 1-2 sentence summary for the first 2 paragraphs and a 1-2 sentence summary for the last 2 paragraphs.
STOP AND JOT-
Background on 9/11
STOP AND Discuss:
Reread lines 1-13 & identify 2 ideas that readers can expect Quindlen to develop in the text.
STOP AND JOT:
Reread the last paragraph. What is Quindlen suggesting with all of the rhetorical questions.
1 Thing that you learned today
1 Question that you still have
Interview someone who remembers 9/11.
Write a journal entry as if you were that person on 9/11.
What did you do? How did you feel? How has it changed you?